Saturday, December 10, 2005



Flash Brief
Thomas the Tank Engine Game


This week we have been working on a brief for S4C. The task is to design a online game using Flash based on Thomas the Tank Engine. The game needs to be designed for kids aged 3-5 and should introduce them to the various different characters of the show.

It's a really fun brief, but also quite challenging as I'm finding it difficult to judge the skill level of kids that age, especially as when I was that age playing online computer games was not exactly an option! Hopefully though some local kids will be visiting us next week so we can see how well the games go down with them. My biggest worry is that they will find them way too easy.

I'm working on the brief with Sioned , and we have decided to make a game each that can be accessed through a mini flash site. She is working on a colouring in game and impressively has pretty much finished it already. I chose to design a game where the player needs to rotate pieces of track to enable Thomas to get to the train station. It is a great challenge to improve my ActionScript and I have managed to get the first level of the game working which I'm really pleased with. Now I have the foundations in place hopefully making slightly harder levels shouldn't prove too difficult. Although without Nick Butler's help I don't think I'd have known where to start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home