Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Working at Boomerang

I started my three month work placement with Boomerang on Monday. The timing was great as I was lucky enough to spend the first two days on a camera course, learning how to use the Sony Z1. It was a great to refresh my knowledge on how to operate a DV camera, and also an opportunity to learn about HDV; high definition footage captured on a standard DV format cassette. It also shoots in true 16x9 widescreen, unlike the Sony PD150 I had used previously.

It was the first time I had shot anything in high definition before, and it made me realise how critical it is that you get the focus spot on. Often what looked sharp on the camera's LCD, was out of focus on screen. I really enjoyed the training and am hoping I'll get an opportunity to put the knowledge to the test by shooting some footage for the Bandit website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home